Hutschenreuther | Prague Art & Design
Hutschenreuther

Hutschenreuther

 

Products from this producer offered by Prague Art & Design

Good Friends | C. Werner

Hutschenreuther

The famed porcelain manufacture Hutschenreuther was established by the porcelain painter Carl Magnus Hutschenreuther who trained in his craft in Wallendorf and arrived to the city of Hohenberg in 1814 in order to establish there a porcelain factory aimed at producing pipe heads. After his death in 1845, the prosperous enterprise was taken over by Carl’s son, Lorenz, who relocated to the city of Selb several years later and established there a new porcelain manufacture which became one of the largest and most successful porcelain factories in Germany during the 20th century.

Over the time, the manufacture grew and developed and bought up several other German porcelain factories during the first half of the 20th century as, for example, the Paul Müller porcelain factory (in 1917), the factories in Tirschenreuth, and the Baucher’s porcelain manufacture in Weiden (in 1927).

The factory offered a wide range of products from the highly sought-for hotel porcelain, drinking services, commemorative objects and figural sculptures. The manufacture with the original title Porzellanfabrik L. Hutschenreuther was renamed to Hutschenreuther AG in 1969 and established its own art department – Kunstabteilung – which mainly focused on producing high-quality figural sculptures appreciated by collectors all over the world. In 2000, the porcelain manufacture of Lorenz Hutschenreuther became part of the enormous porcelain concern of Rosenthal.